Aquaponics is the agriculture of the future. There is no doubt in my mind. Why?
- you do not need any chemicals
- it has a very low carbon footprint
- it produces not only vegetables but gives also proteins
- use 2% of the water of in-ground farming
- planting density is 4/6 times the density of in-ground farming
- 50% faster or more to grow vegetables than in-ground farming
- fully scalable from indoor systems to backyard family systems to full commercial systems
Is Aquaponics Just For Rich Countries?
As the editor of the Hydroponics Aquaponics Monster Directory, I had to look at dozens of different aquaponics systems over time. I find out that there were many kind of aquaponics systems on the market ready for sale, be plans, kits or complete systems. Right or wrong, I was left with the impression that the aquaponics entrance ticket was quiet stiff. Not so! Here is one of the best aquaponics systems I found on the Internet:
- because anybody can build these systems – they are not complicated to build
- because they are very affordable to build in terms of materials
- prices for PDF plans starts at $49
Proof: I built 2 aquaponics systems based on theirs plans! One 128 square feet for a customer, one 68 square feet for myself. See links in the Reference Box below!
Roger Pilon, Editor
The Planet Fixer Digest