There is a report that had been published about organic farming, not organic gardening but organic farming which is a complete different ball game. What puzzled me is that this report was mentioned here and there on the web but I feel it is not getting the exposure it deserves!
This report is from the Rodale Institute. It took me a while to read it carefully, not because it’s a long report, it just 13 pages, but because it’s packed with hard facts, statistics, references, all from 30 years of experimenting organic farming.
In other words, it is a must read report for anyone that wants to know if farming organically is worth it at all!
Roger Pilon, Editor
The Planet Fixer Digest
Farming Organically Or Not?
Here are just a few facts from this report
- Organic yields match conventional yields
- Organic outperforms conventional in years of drought
- Organic farming systems build rather than deplete soil organic matter, making it a more sustainable system
- Organic farming uses 45% less energy and is more efficient
- Conventional systems produce 40% more greenhouse gases
- Organic farming systems are more profitable than conventional
References About The Rodale Organic Farming Report
Frame it, keep it under your pillow, print it in gold letters, talk about it, Twitter it again, this report about organic farming is worth it’s weight of gold!